LAST UPDATED : 03/10/2023
Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information on the following scenarios (please not the list is not exhaustive)
- When you buy products or services at our retail branches
- When you obtain quotations from retail branches, on a mobile or other device, on our website, on our social media platforms.
- Respond to or participate in a survey, marketing promotion, prize competition or special offer.
- We may collect your information when you interact with us as a supplier as prescribed in this statement.
- When we interact with you in field marketing activities
- Visit our premises.
NOTE: We do not collect personal data from minors (any person under 18 years of age) as they are not our target customer based on the product and services we offer (supply building materials and logistics services). If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal data to us, please contact us and we will endeavour to delete that information from our databases.
Categories of Data Collected
The Personal Data we collect and store about you includes but is not limited to the following.
Personal Details: Name and telephone number.
Transactional Details: KRA pin number, payment method
Information relating to contacting New Muthokinju Hardware Limited (e.g., call us, interact with us through social media, email, SMS, respond to survey): We may record your conversations, social media, email, SMS, survey, or other interactions with us.
Information relating to delivery services: When you request us to deliver a product to you (e.g., paints or cement), we will collect information required to fulfil this request. This information includes but is not limited to: Your name, phone number, email address, physical address for the delivery and/or drop-off.
A misleading personal data that might be collected by whichever reason is always available for update at customer service desk.
Purpose of the data.
The data are processed on the basis of legitimate interest.
Communicate with you about products, services, events, and special offers from New Muthokinju Hardware Limited and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you.
Monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities in connection with our services.
Update our product and service offering and enhance our current product and service offering.
Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, and protect the rights and property of New Muthokinju Hardware Limited and others.
Comply with any legal, governmental, or regulatory requirement or for internal use in connection with any legal proceedings; and
Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time of collecting information.
- All data processed by New Muthokinju Hardware Limited must be done on one of the following lawful bases: consent, contract, legal obligation, vital interests, public task or legitimate interests.
- Where consent is relied upon as a lawful basis for processing data, evidence of opt-in consent shall be kept with the personal data.
- Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent should be clearly available and systems should be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in New Muthokinju Hardware Limited.
- Lawful basis for processing – We will process your personal information based on any of the lawful basis provided for under the Data Protection Act of 2019.
We take every reasonable step to ensure that your Personal Information is only processed for the minimum period necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy.
We will retain Personal Information only for as long as this data helps us provide best products and services to you. We will consider this until you have notified us that you no longer interested in the same.
Access & Sharing
Personal data is only accessible for the purpose as mentioned above.
We may share your personal data as follows or as otherwise described in this Notice:
- With our data processors that host, maintain, manage, or provide other services to us in relation to providing, maintaining, and improving our services.
- To co-operate with public and government authorities and law enforcement, or to provide information in accordance to existing laws;
- For other legal reasons, such as to monitor compliance with and enforce our terms and conditions, to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others, to protect against criminal activities, and for risk management purposes; and
- In connection with a sale or business transaction, such as to an acquiring entity or its advisors in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings)
If we engage a third-party Processor to Process your Personal Information in accordance with (1), (3), or (4) above, the Processor will be subject to binding contractual obligations in accordance with section 24 of the Data Protection Regulations 2021.
We may also share aggregated pseudonymised or anonymised information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
We do not share personal information outside the Republic of Kenya. If this is required in future, we will make sure that your information is properly protected in accordance with the applicable Data Protection Laws
Control Your Privacy & Data
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related SMS, emails and alerts from New Muthokinju Hardware Limited, you may opt out/ unsubscribe by following the instructions contained within each such message or through the New Muthokinju Hardware contact centre. We will endeavour to comply with your request as soon as is reasonably practicable.
Please note that if you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails and alerts, we may still send you administrative messages, from which you cannot opt out or unsubscribe.
We seek to use appropriate technical and organizational measures to safeguard personal data within our organization against loss, theft, breach, and unauthorized use, disclosure, or modification.
Subject to legal and contractual exceptions, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. These are listed below:
- Right to be informed that we are collecting personal data about you.
- Right to access personal data that we hold about you and request for information about how we process it.
- Right to request that we correct your personal data where it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right to request that we erase your personal data noting that we may continue to retain your information if obligated by the law or entitled to do so.
- Right to object and withdraw your consent to processing of your personal data. We may continue to process if we have a legitimate or legal reason to do so.
- Right to request restricted processing of your personal data noting that we may be entitled or legally obligated to continue processing your data and refuse your request.
- Right to request transfer of your personal data
In the event of a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, personal data, New Muthokinju Hardware Limited shall promptly assess the risk to people’s rights and freedoms and if appropriate report this breach to the principal.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0790 022 022.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within timelines set forth in the Data Protection Regulations 2021.
Occasionally it could take us longer if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
Changes to this notice
From time to time, we may revise this Notice. Changes may be made for any number of reasons, including to reflect industry initiatives, changes in the law, and changes to the scope of the Services, among other reasons. You can tell when we last updated the Notice by checking the date at the beginning of the Notice. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Services